Here are just a few reasons to tell your family and friends to
"MEET ME AT THE FAIR!"
Add to the list by posting to the Solano County Fair page on Facebook
- See Vallejo's famed Mad Hatter characters leading the Celebrate Solano Mad Hatter Parade on Friday night and get our pictures with them. Parade starts at 6pm.
- See stock cars and trucks smashing it up during the Demo Derby on Saturday. The actions starts at 2:30pm. Tickers are $25 and if we buy them online by July 28 we get free admission to the Fair. That's a $10 savings!
- Get our Passports stamped as we travel around the world at the Cultural Pavilion and enter into a drawing for daily cash prizes of $50 and a grand prize of $500. We can throw a great party with that kind of prize money!
- Check out the Health Fair being put on by Kaiser Permanente, Touro University and Solano County Family Health. This is a great way for 7th graders to get their whooping cough vaccination in time for school. The free whooping cough shots are available until 7pm every day of the Fair.
- See how the Fair reimagined the Fairground's concert venue to pay homage to the C-5 Galaxy at Travis Air Force Base.
- See The Dazz Band perform on Wednesday night at 8pm on the Galaxy Stage.
- See Con Funk Shun perform on Thursday night at 8pm on the Galaxy Stage.
- See Yesterday - The Beatles Tribute perform on Friday night at 8pm on the Galaxy Stage.
- See Journey Revisited perform on Saturday night at 8pm on the Galaxy Stage.
- See Los Canarios de Michoacan with Banda La Grande de Jalisco and Los Tremendos de Mexico perform for the Fiesta Concert on Sunday starting at 6pm.
- Check out the bull riding and music for the Jaripeo con Toros Bracos on Sunday at 4:30pm.
- Taste all 10 crat and premium beers at the Race Place Craft & Premium Beer Garden, including some from our locally famed Heretic and Mare Island brewing companies.
- Get a picture with our friends beside an early Jeff Gordon racing car and the original Batmobile on display down the middle of "Main Street" in the County & Cities Expo.
- Learn from Master Gardeners at the Urban Garden Exhibit on how we can bring vegetable gardening to an apartment terrace or backyard patio.
- See the kids dig around int he First 5 Solano Giant Sand Box to find gems and redeem them fro prizes.
- See fashionistas take to the stage for a Fashion Show on Saturday at 1pm. It promises to showcase something different for casual summer fashions.
- Ride the Scrambler, Tilt, Viper, and Tornando five times each in one day. We need to get our Carnival Wristbands by July 28 to save some money for that great fried Fair food.
- See who won Blue Ribbons for their cool photos, art, flowers, quilts and other crafts.
- Find all six "SELFIE" sports and post them on Facebook so everyone can see the blast we're having at the 2015 Solano County Fair!
- See pigs, cows, goats, rabbits, chickens, roosters, and much more down at the Livestock Barns. Maybe we will get to see one of the animals give birth this year!
- Try out the new food this year....deep fried avocados and deep fried corn on the cob!
- Get up on stage with buddies for the Karaoke Party that starts every night at 8pm.
- Check out all the shopping - there are always really unique things we can only get at the Fair.
- See what a Livestock Auction is like on Saturday at 1:30 pm with dozens of animals and a professional auctioneer. We could even bid on one of the animals!
- Have a good laugh at the Hypnotist Show seeing which of our friends can get hypnotied and do silly things.
Purchase tickets online at SCFair.com by July 28 Save $$$