Bay Area Motorcycle Training
Jockey Lot & Racing Office
Jockey Lot & Racing Office
Friday Evenings, January 6, 13, 20 & 27-- Classroom Sessions
Saturday & Sunday Days, January 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29 -- Riding Sessions
Learn to Ride – The basic Motorcyclist Training Course (MTC) is offered all year except on some holiday and special event weekends:
The Motorcyclist Training Course (MTC) teaches the necessary basic skills to ride a motorcycle. Tuition for the MTC is $180 for students under 21, $258 for students 21 or older.*
- The MTC takes 16 hours spread over 4 separate sessions:
- Classroom 1, Riding 1, Classroom 2, Riding 2.
- Classrooms are 3 hours each, Riding are 5 hours each.
- A motorcycle and helmet is provided if you do not have one. (See "Required")
- Passing the MTC waives the DMV riding test for a motorcycle license, but neither passing nor getting a license is guaranteed.
- Passing the MTC is required for a motorcycle license for a person under 21 years of age.
The Vallejo location uses a 2 week (4 day) format – one weeknight + one weekend day for 2 weeks:
- Classroom 1 is a weekday evening, 6;00pm-9:30pm.
- Riding 1 is Saturday or Sunday, morning 6:45am-11:45am, or afternoon 12:15pm-5:15pm.
- Classroom 2 is the same weekday evening and time in the second week.
- Riding 2 is the same weekend day and same morning or afternoon time on the second weekend.
The Premier Motorcyclist Rider Course (PMTC) is a combination of the MTC and the Intermediate Rider Clinic (IRC). The IRC teaches additional street survival skills to ride a motorcycle safely in traffic.
(BAMT is not currently able to offer the PMTC. Visit the CMSP website for a PMTC near you.)
- The PMTC takes 21 hours spread over 5 separate sessions.
- You first complete the entire MTC as described above (4 sessions).
- Then return for the next regularly scheduled IRC (1 day, 5 hours).
- A motorcycle and helmet is provided if you do not have one, but you are encouraged to use your own motorcycle for the IRC. (See "Required")
- You must successfully complete the MTC before taking the IRC.
- The MTC portion of the PMTC waives the DMV riding test for a motorcycle license.
- Tuition for the PMTC is $475 if you use your own motorcycle for the IRC, or $525 if you use one of ours.*
Some important things to remember ...
- YOUR SEAT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
- The reservation is only a place holder for 5 business days.
- RESERVATIONS EXPIRE AND SEATS ARE RELEASED if payment is not received within 7 days.
- For example, if you make a reservation today, payment must be received by Mon Dec 14 2015
- Payment must be received before you start your class.
- Tuition fees are not refundable or transferable for any reason.
- You must be present at Roll Call or your seat may be given away or left empty.